Thursday, January 6, 2011

This Girl's a Little Jealous...

Because I could not say "I'll be getting married this year!" about 2011. I'm so happy for all the girls out there getting hitched this year, but I'm sorry I must admit... I'm a tad very jealous! Ed & I never wanted a long engagement but it was just more practical for us than anything. Our main motive in setting the 2012 date was that we were hoping to be moved back to the east coast by then, but will we? WHO KNOWS! I always thought we'd be out here for 1 yr or 2 yrs max but I'm kinda starting to feel at home in this semi-new city.

Back to the wedding stuff..I wish I could start putting the plans in motion for the wedding but at this point I still have some time before I should really be committing to anything. Although, I am afraid the photographer I have been eyeing is going to get scooped up with all the engagements that happened over Xmas and New Years. My single ladies are dropping like flies!

So for now I will continue checking my favorite wedding blogs, scouring the Knots images, ripping apart wedding mags, and collecting all things wedding in general.


I really need to get over to Barnes & Noble to pick up a better notebook/binder to keep my wedding thoughts in.. image below- my grubby dollar store notebook and my, stolen from work, scribbled on tabs!


To all the 2011 brides, I can't wait to keep reading about your planning and seeing your ideas come together this year! XOXO

3 comments:

  1. Time will go so fast! We'll be engaged 14 months total and with only 10 months to go I have no idea where the last 4 months have gone! Also, the Bride to Be tote is ADORABLE! Where did you get it? And lastly, I did a whole post on my obsession with my wedding binder(from Barnes & Noble)today, how random! You should check it out! :)

    www.coffeebuzzmn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay i just found your blog!! consider yourself +1 follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally hear you about the long engagement. Great in theory and practicality....but Matt and I have found ourselves wishing we were getting married this year recently!

    ReplyDelete