Wednesday, November 16, 2011

a ring to wear FOREVER

I never thought I was going to find a wedding band I loved. I LOVE my engagement ring that Ed had custom made and I didn't think I'd find anything that would fit along side it perfectly enough.
 UNTIL I randomly walked into a Ben Bridge all by my lonesome one Saturday morning and met Saleslady Laura. Who is now my favorite person ever. She was SOO patient and helpful. I really wanted just a simple band straight diamond-y band, I was DEAD set against the curve type bands. DEAD set against. I'm not quite sure why but I had a serious vendetta on that style from the get-go, Laura slowly eased me into the idea since a straight band would not lay flat against my ring.

And now here I am with a new contour wedding band ring sitting on my dresser that I can't touch for 7 more months.

 so here it is the shiny sister to my engagement ring!

It's only a slight curve so I can actually pull off wearing it without my engagment ring, which was one of the things I wanted in a wedding band. We ordered Eddie's band as well but that won't be in for a few more weeks.


In other exciting news..... I just made an appointment for MY FIRST DRESS FITTINGGG!! :) I called my bridal salon in Mass yesterday and was told my dress WOULD NOT be in in time for my visit home in December and that it wouldn't be in until FEBRUARY! That woulda been 8 whole months after I ordered it! I just about lost it and had a mini panic attack while talking with the girl on the phone. I think she sensed my urgency as she called me this morning telling me they'd have it in before Christmas and scheduled me in for an appointment! Allegria Bridal- you are my hero!

13 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS, just gorgeous and it looks even prettier on your lovely hand! Have a lovely time at your dress fitting...so exciting!

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, I love it! How exciting your first dress fitting is coming up - your wedding is going to be here before you know it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ring is beautiful!! I am of the same opinion with the curve band - DEAD SET from the get go..however, yours is ever so slightly curved..looks great:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. <3 it soooo freaking sparkling!! Have a great time at your dress fitting...I just got my dress in and it was pretty exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i freaking love it. it's stunning!! i was against a wedding band too, i wanted matching earrings instead (lol) but i love my band.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, soooo beautiful!!! I know it was the hardest thing to not wear my wedding band until the wedding!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous wedding band and it goes so well with your engagement ring. I was greedy and got two wedding bands so I can stack them..wear just one, just two, or all three together! I want to have a little fun and variety with my rings! :) Will post pics soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is gorgeous. Perfect. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowza! Gorgeous. I can't wait to find the band of my dreams. Congrats. I also want something that can be worn alone.

    Sorry about the dress stress. I'm glad it all worked out. Isn't it so hard being so far away from it all?

    ReplyDelete
  10. it looks gorgeous!!!! and yay for dress fittings!

    ReplyDelete