Thursday, January 5, 2012

choosing what I plan to SMASH in Eddie's face!

I think I am ok with the whole cake face smashing tradition. Maybe not quite a whole smash, but a baby smoooosh would be great, just enough to get a little messy! 

While home we got a few checks off the wedding list!
One, yummy check being, ordering the wedding cake!

Ed & I initially didn't want a cake and planned to have a sundae bar but after some thought, we went the traditional route of having a cake! It wasn't too hard of a decision as to where to get the cake once we made that decision. In Boston there are basically 2 bakeries that "take the cake" (in my opinion!) There's Konditor Meister & Montilio's
People raveeee about Konditor Meister but I've never been a huge fan, so there we go, decision made Montilio's it is!

 These LARGE pieces of cake didn't last very long..


Initially I thought we'd only choose one flavor, our venue recommends this because people will not have the option to choose the flavor when its being served. 
WHOOPSIES. How could we pick JUST ONE?! 

Our Cake will be 4 tiers with a buttercream frosting!
Top tier will be marble cake with mocha fudge truffle. OH YUM...for Ed & I only as it will be whisked away for our 1 year anniversary after the cake is cut...
Next 2 tiers will be white cake w/ espresso, ricotta & chocolate chip, yum yum yumm.. 
Bottom tier will be gold cake with strawberries and Grand Marnier, this one was my personal fav!

I went to the appointment with a few inspiration pictures, but my request was pretty easy, I wanted a cake with a homemade-looking feel... the saleslady said this is the request of most of their brides lately....wait and I thought I was being all original?! ;). Still, I love the look of this cake and can't wait to see what they come up with!

She convinced me to add a little pizzaz by adding a ribbon along the bottom of each tier. 
The ribbon will be much thinner than the below pic... but gasppppp... this will be the color of the ribbon!!



We have added this bright raspberry color to our prior muted color scheme!!! and I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty excited to introduce this pop of color to our day!

At this point I want our cake topper to resemble this below picture, but with all the cute cake toppers out there, this could also change!

..because wouldn't this be such a cute option as well?!?! 






11 comments:

  1. Love them all!!! That cake design is gorgeous and I won't lie I love the cute bride and groom. I love to think of a cake topper as something you can keep from your wedding. {Along with the other 10,000 things I'm sure}

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it all! The flavors you picked sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cake tasting was the best!! Looks like yours will be nice and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pop of color! We are using some of that color in our day too I was afraid it would be to bright at first but I am excited to see it all come together! WOW that cake looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the homemade look! I wanted to do that and chose something completely different!! and super complicated at that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These ideas look lovely!
    Your wedding is bound to be beautiful!


    PS: I saw that you had entered a giveaway for MyMemroies Design Software in the past! I just thought I'd let you know, that I'm doing a giveaway for the software, as well! Feel free to enter at http://allaboutalynne.blogspot.com/2012/01/my-memories-software-giveaway.html :)

    -Alynne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, cake tasting! I never got to do that because my Mom's friend made ours, so I'm jealous! But you made SUCH good choices. I love love love buttercream frosting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha, I love your title! And the simplicity of that last cake is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just found your blog and I'm sooo excited to follow along on your journey because I just love all things wedding-related! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I live in Boston (and LOVE it) and am so glad you're planning a New England wedding. Have fun and enjoy every minute of it!

    ReplyDelete