Thursday, December 15, 2011

Am I still talking about bridesmaid dresses?!

Is it just me or are these days/months just flying by!
We just passed the 6 month mark, holy crap 6 months... till I'm MARRIED!

Ed &  I were talking the other night and we now realize why MANY of our friends advised against long engagements. They just plain stink! We are SOOO ready to be married. 

ANYWAY. 

I went back to Nordstroms to try on the Donna Morgan BM dress that I thought was the one. This time they had the color & size I wanted to try on so I was pumped... too bad it only took 2 seconds for me to catch the fabric in the zipper which ruined the dress.. it had to be CUT off me!  ... WHOOPS. 
So I didn't get to see the dress in the color and size I wanted... 

but I tried on this color, which is purple but looks more purpley-gray in the pic.
I likey but after talking with the saleslady she advised me against this style since its not very flattering on the bustier.
Oy, back to square 1.

(i still love it..)

Discouraged, I made a fall back appointment at JCrew. I know, a lot of brides go the JCrew route, and some may argue its played out.. buttt I ended up finding some dresses and colors I REALLY loved in the silk taffeta material..


Sorta really loving the bright coraly color. It's a new color for JCrew and I'm currently waiting on the swatch, I can't quite remember the exact name. 
Chiffon to Taffeta whats a girl to chooose?!

At least my 2 girls whose wedding I'm in which are AFTER my wedding picked their BM dresses out... <head held low>..

My good friend Kim getting married in July decided on Alfred Angelo dresses. She picked a silk material, cocktail length in a pretty purple. We had a few dresses to choose from and I chose this pretty one shoulder style which I LOVE!
I ordered 2 sizes down from this so it will be much more form fitting!


My friend Kendra who is getting married in September decided on Mori Lee dresses in a silk material, floor length in black with a few styles to choose from.
I tried on these 3 and am having a terrible time deciding which one to order.. 



Before I start to panic on my bridesmaid dresses, I still have one shot left on the 27th when I'm home in Mass. My girls and I are going to my bridal salon to check out their selection of dresses. FINGERS CROSSED I CAN MAKE A DECISION! 

8 comments:

  1. i still like that donna morgan dress, but those jcrew ones look cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck, I really like the two grey Jcrew dresses too! And I love the BM dresses for your other friends weddings. Think I like either the navy or the red style the best but all are gorgeous. Good luck when you are home looking for dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That first black dress is GORG on you..I love it! Maybe go with the 2nd or 3rd choice for your other friend's wedding since you are wearing a one shoulder in the other wedding?

    You'll find your bridesmaid dresses soon! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That first black dress is GORG on you..I love it! Maybe go with the 2nd or 3rd choice for your other friend's wedding since you are wearing a one shoulder in the other wedding?

    You'll find your bridesmaid dresses soon! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just stumbled across your blog- I live in Seattle too! I got married this past summer and picking bridesmaid dresses is tough! I initially didn't want J. Crew dresses and then I found the perfect dress on sale. They worked out great and all my bridesmaids loved them. Good luck with choosing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first dress is gorgeous...my girls got their dress at nordstrom...I think I got so tired that we just picked any dress..haha good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow you look stunning in all the bridesmaids choices-- i love the long red dress the best though :)

    i was a new england bride this past summer... i hope you have a beautiful & perfect wedding day! i'm a new folllower and just thought id pop by and say hello! xx

    ReplyDelete